Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome to my dojo

Hello there.




Every mountain goat needs a lair, someplace epic.




Perhaps a hollow mountain?




Say what???




Just my size.




Y'all come back now, hear?




This little goat is yet to be named.  He is just a quick, little, commissioned gift.  While it seems illogical, I think working smaller is more difficult than working large.  You end up using thinner yarn and a smaller hook.  So ultimately, there isn't a huge reduction in the number of stitches and it is much more demanding in the whole concentration/motor skills department.  It does use less materials, though.  I actually used wool yarn for this project.  I have a stock pile of uber-small wool skeins (abandoned to me by my mother... who is apparently much smarter than I and knows not to use these yarns for her projects anymore) and I am always trying to use them up.  Even though they are fine quality, virgin wool it is very hard to use.  It is much 'stickier' on the hook .  I guess the friction is good because it holds the knots and stitches together...but I seem to take twice as long on each stitch. 

I am sure there is some wisdom on the merit of these slow stitches that is fitting for a mountain goat dojo.  Perhaps the goat could be a consulting sensei?

No comments:

Post a Comment